Saturday, March 31, 2018

Editing process...

Hi guys, my partner Camila and I finally begin editing some clips. As I said in an earlier post she is in Jacksonville on vacation and that has where she's been for the entire spring break. So we have been communicating almost every single day and update each other on our editing processes. Camila began editing some of the interviews and b-roll footage that we got of the group rehearsing and I have been editing the the footage from the actual play. When it comes to editing, Camila has more of an eye as to what should be where and how we should cut the clips so I'm sure on Monday  when I show her what I have done she will have a few suggestions and corrections. I am excited to see what she has edited so we can actually start to piece things together and so we can quickly figure out if we need to get more footage of something. Camila had already expressed to me once she began editing this past week that we either need to edit our interviews really well or we need to redo them. She feels as if the actors were rambling too much and that the questions were not that precise. Hopefully we can get all this straightened out on Monday so if we need to redo the interviews we can do it with time to spare. 


The editing process is always so stressful for me because I always second-guess myself and as soon as I'm done doing something I'm always looking for a second opinion because I feel like mine is never good enough. That's why I prefer to edit within a group setting so I can get creative feedback from my peers as well as put my creative take on it. I have a few clips ready to show you guys but because of my lack of confidence in them I'm going to hold off until Monday when Camila and I can sit down together in class and go through them so we can fix whatever needs to be fixed.


-SK💗

No comments:

Post a Comment