Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Searching for inspiration

I have started to brainstorm ideas about what our print advertisement should look like. I was thinking that since our entire series is going to feature high school productions, that it would only make sense that the image on the poster was a stage. Yes, I know when I say it like that it sounds pretty lame. But, I'm thinking a big spotlight will shine down onto the stage and in that spotlight it will say the name of our series.

I usually have a clear vision with how I want things to look, but for this I need some inspiration... so I turned to the internet. I began researching posters from documentaries and this is what I found.

"Super Size Me" is an extremely famous documentary that was released in 2005 in which a man explores the consequences of eating fast food for a long period of time. In the poster we see a super simple picture, but it says it all.
In my opinion the picture perfectly encompasses what the documentary is about and the simple saying "I'm Lovin it" is globally known and immediately associated with McDonalds which is what the entire film is about. 

Another famous documentary that has a poster that I want to emulate in some way is " Inside Job". The film was released in 2010 and basically zooms us in on the financial crisis in 2008. Again, this poster also speaks a thousand words. 

The man standing on top of the mountain of money is so powerful and is truly a eye opening picture. The man standing with his back turned to the people and the positioning on the center of the money is AMAZING. Moreover, the words in the background I found to be very interesting. It is reviews from critics on what they thought of the film. I like this idea because it immediately makes the audience think that they are about to watch something great because all of the reviews are positive. 

From my research, I have concluded that the image needs to say it all and has to convey clearly what the audience is going to watch. 

-SK💗

No comments:

Post a Comment