Friday, March 9, 2018

Group critiques

Today in class my teacher separated us into groups of six and we all critiqued each others projects. The people who were in my group had such good ideas, everything was so planned out and their concepts were very original and not cliche at all.

When it was my turn to present my ideas and blog they  liked my idea and gave me advice on how to improve it. I asked them the following questions: Since this is going to be shown on TV, what part of the documentary should be shown? What should the end part that leads in the commercial be like? Where should I take this project, as far as the overall concept? I expressed to them that this idea was made very quickly and I went in and just got as much footage as possible without making a story board or anything like that. The reason for that is because it is a documentary and I recorded live footage so I couldn't really plan what was going to happen next. 

 Advice I am going to implement


  •  Focus on how much work goes into putting on a production... all the hours of practice, the ticket sales, consumes etc. 
  • Get interviews from interesting subjects that love drama and go the extra mile to put on a school show 
  • End the documentary with some sort of scene that hints at the fact that there will be another production put on in the following weeks 
  • Choose the b-roll wisely so it can go along with what is being talked about in the interview 

-SK💗

No comments:

Post a Comment